Appointments with Dan are now at PhysioMed clinics please call 0800 999 737
|From back pain, to morning sickness to hay-fever, acupuncture supports the body’s own healing potential and treats the person rather than the problem so treatment is specific for each individual. It is an effective, safe and natural form of medicine.
Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can be used along side other therapies including conventional pharmaceutical medicine.
Health and well-being can be improved using acupuncture as a preventative treatment and many people find occasional 'tune-ups' increase their sense of well-being dramatically.
An Acupuncture Session
Initially a thorough history is taken and the presenting complaint is assessed.
After history taking and examination, treatment can start and may include;
- Acupuncture: The insertion of acupuncture needles, which is generally painless and quite relaxing
- Massage therapy or Tui Na: Therapeutic massage and manipulation techniques
- Cupping: The use of glass suction cups over acupuncture points
- Moxibustion: The warming of acupuncture points with the herb artemisia vulgaris
- Herbal Medicine: The prescription of herbal medicine (often in the form of pills or granules)