Mums and Bubs Yoga
Get back in shape and start to reclaim your pre-pregnancy fitness and strength with our Mums and Bubs Yoga class.
Doing Mums & Bubs yoga is also a great way to connect with your baby, participate actively in their physical and mental development and meet friendly people with something in common.
The class runs for an hour and consists of:
- Yoga For Mum: Focus on strengthening and toning the pelvic floor, abdominals, legs and back as well as relieving tension from the back, neck and shoulders
- Yoga For Baby: Exercises to encouraging movement and coordination, as well as aiding digestion and improving sleep
- Yoga for Both: A fun, playful way to increase the bond between mother and baby whilst continuing to build strength and balance
- Baby Massage: A gentle massage to help calm and relax baby
- And of course, a chance to catch up with other mums and share any helpful tips and experiences.
We think a good time to start the class is when baby is about 8 weeks old. However a good time for Mum to start depends on their birth experience and how they are feeling. If you had a fairly uncomplicated birth and are feeling up to it you can start doing some gentle postures within the first few weeks, however if you had a C-Section or other complications then we suggest you get your doctor/midwifes approval before coming back to class. Like with all yoga it is important to listen to your body.