Doing Mums and Bubs Yoga is a great way to build strength and stamina following pregnancy and relieve some of the stiffness and aches that often come with the challenges of caring for a newborn. You will get to connect in with your baby and participate actively in their physical and mental development and meet friendly people with something in common. The class runs for an hour and consists of:
- Yoga For Mum: Focus on strengthening and toning the pelvic floor, abdominals, legs and back as well as relieving tension from the back, neck and shoulders
- Yoga For Baby: Exercises to encourage movement and coordination, as well as aiding digestion and improving sleep
- Yoga for Both: A fun, playful way to increase the bond between mother and baby whilst continuing to build strength and balance
- Baby Massage: A gentle massage to help calm and relax baby
- And of course, a chance to catch up with other mums
We think a good time to start the class is when your baby is about 8 weeks old. However it depends on your birth experience and how you are feeling. If you had a fairly uncomplicated birth and are feeling up to it you can start doing some gentle movements and postures within the first few weeks, however if you had a caesarean birth or any complications then we suggest you get your doctor’s or midwife’s approval before coming back to class. As with all yoga it is important to listen to your body.
Click here to view our Timetable.