Mums & Bubs Yoga
Mums and Bubs Yoga is a great way to build strength and stamina following pregnancy and relieve some of the stiffness and aches that often come with the challenges of caring for a newborn. You will get to connect in with your baby and participate actively in their physical and mental development.
This class runs for an hour and consists of:
- Yoga For Mum: Focus on strengthening and toning pelvic floor, abdominal and spinal muscles as well as relieving tension from the neck and shoulders
- Yoga For Baby: Exercises to encourage movement and coordination, as well as aiding digestion and improving sleep
- Yoga for Both: A fun, playful way to increase the bond between mother and baby whilst continuing to build strength and balance
- Baby Massage: Gentle massage to help calm and relax baby
And of course, a chance to catch up with other Mums and share ideas and experience.
We think a good time to start the class is when your baby is about 7-8 weeks old. However it depends on your birth experience and how you are feeling. If you had a Cesarean Birth or any complications then we suggest you get your doctor’s or midwife’s approval before coming back to class. As with all yoga it is important to listen to your body.
Options for Mums and Bubs Yoga Classes:
- Mondays 11.00am - 12.00pm with Doreen
- Tuesdays 11.00am - 12.00pm with Jan
- Thursdays 11.00am -12.00pm with Anna (this is a shorter five week course)